Monday, January 5, 2015

Transfer #7

The destroying angel passed by this apartment on the day of Transfer calls and no one got a transfer call. My companion and I get to stay in Williamsburg for another Transfer, which will end a few days after Valentine's Day. 

There has been a great amount of miracles this week. One of our investigators told us that she wanted to schedule an appointment with the Bishop because she had a lot of repenting to do. She also said that she has this strong desire to teach the gospel in the church to the younger children, and she cannot get this thought out of her head. 

Another great thing that happened this week was that her boyfriend came to church (a returning less active) and he came by himself. That takes a lot of  confidence to sit alone, and it also shows true conversion to go alone to church.

Something that is not on the spiritual side of things was I was given a 1998 Furby for free from Restore. In the one I work at on Tuesdays, they do not sell toys; I was told that someone had dropped off the Furby and the Training Booklet. By the time I got home from Restore, I put batteries in and I was surprised that it works. My last two Furbies I had in my childhood eventually broke and the voice stopped working, but it continued to function. 

Also, when missionaries are given a Furby, I have discovered that a Furby is a great Role Playing tool with the "yes/no" answer game. The Jamestown Sisters, my companion and I asked it questions which pertained to the Gospel. I am glad that Furby has a strong testimony of Joseph Smith (this session is recorded from my recorder). What is pretty cool, too, is that we had 30 seconds to answer, and so we were able to practice asking short, but inspired questions. We tightened up our lengthy questions, and made them more direct. It was great!

But, as much as I used to like the Furby 17 years ago, this toy really creeps me out. It has scared every one of us sisters when it randomly turns on. 

. . .

Church now starts at 9:00 am instead of 1:00 pm. I got ready early with 20 minutes to spare and I used that time to read the Book of Mormon. I felt very refreshed and I got about an hour and 20 minutes of extra studying time. 

. . .

During this past transfer, I learned something that I felt like I didn't learn before. Regardless of how exactly obedient my companion and I are, there is not a direct correlation with Exact obedience and Numbers. Sister Smart is such a great companion; we get along well, we try our best in the work, and we teach great together, and yet the numbers are not high. Our Mission President told us that it's not about the numbers. We still touch lives, even if it cannot be written on paper.  


. . .

New Years Eve: 

The sisters bought Pizza and Sister Thornton face painted the other two sisters' faces. I wrote in my journal, looked up scriptures, took a nap, and made gluten-free brownies. 

...

A boy texted us and said he was interested in taking the lessons. He said that he was the boy we just finished talking to and we were in our apartment having our studies. Apparently, some members had been doing their missionary work and he thought he was talking to one of the girls that visited him. It was a funny yet interesting situation. We thought the Jamestown sisters had given them our number by mistake, since they were going to church at a later time. We haven't heard back from him after we asked him who he talked to last, but hopefully we haven't scared him. 

This is all I can say for now. 

Miss y'all!

-Sister Marshall 



No comments:

Post a Comment