Monday, July 20, 2015

Slow Week, But Ended In A Great Finish

This week has been pretty slow. 

Some of the highlights of this week include: 

-Every Day was a dinner appointment. I am so grateful for the freezer! A lot of food that I have has been put in the freezer to eat for later. 

Speaking of having many meals - I believe I pretty much ate two boxes of Dairy-free-gluten free cookies and brownies; I also made a batch of gf brownies, and mostly ate that by myself. I made some gf chocolate chip cookies and my companion and the Sister training leader pretty much ate most of them by the time I came back. There were about 4 left out of the batch I made. I feel so blessed to have a fast metabolism right now. 

- We watched the Sunrise last Monday 

- We had a great exchange with the Sister Training Leaders. I got to be companions with Sister Smart again! On the exchange, we saw a lot of miracles. I tried a new dish from the Military Relations Missionaries and it had Brown Rice, Coconut Milk, and black beans. It was pretty good! It Tasted good with Sweet Potato fries. 

- We taught the Santos family with an interpreter who spoke Tagalog and the lesson went well. We received 6 out of the 7 referrals from that family! There are a lot of people in that household, and my companion think there are more people in that house than we realize. 

-The Kempsville ward held the Meet the Mormons in the gym and then all of the missionaries (including Salem and Bayside) participated in the church tour. 

-We went to the Kempsville Sisters' baptism on Saturday; it was a mother and her 8-year-old daughter. I am so excited and happy for these people!

. . .
I have continued to grow in the new teaching method as we have role played in the mornings. 

A member shared with us how there is an article out there about missionaries adjusting to life again. If anyone knows about this article, and has access to it, please either mail or email it to me! 

. . .
It rained pretty hard in Virginia Beach! With less than a minute, my companion and I were soaking wet by the time we got to the car!

. . .


I have 99 days left until I return home!

. . . 
Anyways!

Until next time!

-Sister A. Marshall 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment