Monday, July 6, 2015

A Great Week! Fourth of July!

By the end of this week, we have found 4 investigators. Another thing that was great, was that our District Leader told my companion and I that we had the best numbers in the district! 

I have noticed a lot of blessings of being a Senior Companion! I am able to remember the names and faces of people a lot more easier than before, and even streets. I think the GPS really helps and that constant desire to be an example has really helped me fulfill my purpose as a missionary. 

We found Toni, one of our new investigators; she told us that we were sent to her from God to hear more of His message; she also told us that she felt the spirit strongly when we told her Joseph Smith's first vision.  

The next day, we found Briana. She said she may be subject to going to jail; we taught her the Restoration and we could tell she seemed more peaceful.

The next day, we found Timberly. She is a referral from a member; she has gone through a lot in her life. She came to church and she participated in class. I am so excited to be teaching her!

On Friday, we set a great Vision for our area! Our vision focuses on a portion of our Mission Culture, which states: 

"Because we love Christ: -We serve Him with joy, optimism, and gratitude".

We set our goals, and then our plans on how to do this and to have this show in the way we serve others. 

... 

We met with Milinda this week again! 

...

Also! I learned how to make Banana Pudding and Chocolate Pudding from Scratch (they're pretty much Vegan!). The main ingredient is the corn starch. I am never going back to a box again. 

I also found out, from my companion, that popcorn can be popped in a regular brown bag. 

1/3 cup un-popped popcorn
1 brown bag

After popping:
-olive oil
-lemon juice 
-pepper
-organic cane sugar
-garlic salt 

this tastes pretty good together (this taste is both of us contributing).

fat + salt + sugar = good. 

Also! The fourth of July! We couldn't find a spot to park so we just drove around, ate our home-made popcorn, and watched fireworks. We beat the crowds and we were able to come home before people started driving home from watching the show.

Another thing happened - after the driving around, I realized my thumb on my right hand had bruised from the inside. I told this to the Mission President's wife, and she told me that I needed to go to Urgent Care. The next day I went, and one of the guys told me I needed to get an X-ray. So... I did, even though I felt it was a muscle thing. In the end I was fine, and I spent $10.00 to be told that, but at least... I got to see bones...? 

... 

Meal Calendar - our meal calendar is completely full for this week! It is amazing! 

... 

My companion and I have been pushing ourselves more than we have pushed ourselves on the mission. It really pays off! It really does! We set our goals higher than usual, and we continue to seek for missionary opportunities! 


...

I think this is going to be the hardest transfer yet. There is so much to do; I can do anything when I rely on Jesus Christ, and God to help me get through any circumstance. 

-Sister A. Marshall 







No comments:

Post a Comment