Monday, June 29, 2015

A New Transfer, and a New Companion

This week has been pretty great! I am now senior companion and I have now taken over the area. Talk about a lot of responsibility! I am also driving! My new companion is Sister Charlesworth. She is very nice! 

A member has been so kind and we have been using her GPS to get around this area. 

... 
Earlier last week, my filling came undone and I got it redone for free.

I have been studying humility this past week and when the dentist shortened one of my front teeth, I think this is part of humility. 

We taught Nichole and Brayden ; They are both 9. When we told Brayden that we would be teaching by the pictures, he took over and told us what he saw in them. One of his comments included him telling us that Jesus could shoot laser beams from his hands, and then he talked about Halo and how he was able to play with his brother. It was very interesting and my companion and I couldn't help laughing. 

We got fed by members last minute, and that was a tender mercy!

On Saturday we got a text that was a life-threatening message about a Tornado alert and that we needed to take shelter immediately. A member called us and told us to get off the road. We stayed in for most of the night and we worked on our Area Map and made a grid. We are now in the process of writing down the street names in box (example: A5) and we plan on tracking these areas when we can. Our goal is to tract as many streets as we can by the end of this transfer, and to let the future missionaries know where we have been so far. 

We met Arora, a Catholic lady when she was putting out her rugs on the lawn. By the time talked to her, it started to rain. We told her that we would share a short message and she let us share. We asked her if she would be baptized if she came to know for herself that what we were saying, is true, she said yes. By the time we left, it stopped raining. 

On Sunday, we saw Milinda. She is someone who is now handicapped because of a seizure, and she is paralyzed from the head down. She is very smart and she communicates with rolling her eyes up and down and with a letter number code. We just used this code yesterday and the visit with her was very exciting. We were able to teach her a lesson from the lesson plan she already put together. She wants to see us every week! We are very excited!

. . . .

A member brought over Amy's Gluten Free and Dairy Free Pizza and Macaroni and Cheese. They are very good! 

. . .

Oh! Also! Earlier this week (on the day of transfers)  I went to be with the Portsmouth Sisters. We taught a girl the Law of Chastity lesson and by the end of the lesson, she told us that she needed to hear this message because just 15 minutes before we arrived, she was going through something pertaining to this and how this message helped change how she thought about things. I feel like we just saved her from something terrible, and I am glad that I got to be apart of this miracle!  

. . .

On Sunday we taught Gospel Principles. We taught so simply that even those who were difficult learners could understand. That is a testimony to me that it is very important to teach simply - the way that Jesus Christ would teach. 

Anyways!

This is all I can say for now!

120 days until I return. 

-Sister A. Marshall 




No comments:

Post a Comment