Monday, June 8, 2015

A Tough, but manageable Week

This week started out with a get together with the Sister missionaries in my Zone. It was a lot of fun! We played Frisbee, and  one of our sister Training leaders had a grand bubble machine that blew bubbles inside other bubbles. 

I cooked multiple meals this week, and stuck them in the freezer. I have meals that extend even into this week! Hooray for being prepared! 

We had dinner with the Schoppaul family this week, and it was truly wonderful. I got to try a new Indian dish!

-We visited one of our potentials this week, and she said she would come to our church this week. Unfortunately, she began to compare our religion to Catholicism and how they are very similar. She told us that no matter what, she always goes back to her Catholic roots, and he convinced herself that she would go to our church some other time. We guess that she convinced herself to go back to her Catholic religion - which was NOT the purpose of our visit... but, I guess, maybe one day she will accept the fullness of the Gospel!

- We did a lot of tracting, but not as much as last week. 
-We tried to contact most of our referrals, and many of them were more interested when the Zone Leaders stopped by, but it sounded like they had second thought by the time the sisters came around. I don't know what it is. 

-We had a Zone Meeting and they taught us the new way to teach the lessons. +20 minutes max 
+ "What do you see?" when it comes to the pictures in the pamphlet
+Not explaining much doctrine
+Going from picture to yellow box, to picture 
+When they read the pamphlet on their own time, it counts as a lesson 




Things that stood out to me this week: 

-My companion explained to me one way to distinguish the adversary: Satan doesn't call us by our first name -he calls us by our sin. 

- In district meeting, it was said like this: "Can we access the Atonement without saving ordinances? The Answer is: NO". Without Baptism being done with the proper Priesthood Authority, we cannot have access to the Atonement. Not in full, anyway. This church is so powerful - we can be completely free of sin when we hae access to the Atonement. It is only through this church can we be made free. 

- I have been studying The Questions of the Soul on page 107  in Preach My Gospel. 
 
-the world says you will get love when... 
 +You're beautiful
 + You're famous
 + You're rich
"[These people] are the most miserable [when they have truly believed in this concept and acted on this concept]". 

. . .

I had dinner with some members and I was fed something that I shouldn't have eaten; I thought they double-checked the food but when they gave me the box of the leftovers of this particular idem, it had different kinds of wheat in it, and added gluten. I felt bad that first night, and then terrible the next day. I felt hot and sick; luckily, I am still alive. My companion and I like to joke and say that the members are trying to kill me. But, thank goodness, I know they're not! :D Trials happen for a reason, I guess! I still went and did missionary work, regardless!


. . .

Pam, our recent convert, took us out to a Mexican restaurant. It was very good! 

  Anyways! 

This is all I can say for now.

Bye!

-Sister A. Marshall 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment