Monday, June 15, 2015

If You Can't Change It, Change the Way You Think About It

This week was great in many ways, but it was also difficult. 

We stayed inside on Tuesday because Sister Evans did not feel well. I, too, started to not feel well, and so we tried to do missionary work inside.

Over the next several days after that, I did not feel too good. I felt sick for most of the days and eventually, it started to go away. Today, though, I am back to feeling sick. I wonder what is going on :\. 

On Wednesday, we saw Sister Young, and we taught her more about Obedience, and the 10 Commandments. 

We went to a member's home for a great dinner. I had a mushroom burger and it was rather good. 

We then got to help Pam with her Family History work, as well as another member in the ward. I am so glad that Pam got to find some more of her ancestors! Near the end of the week, Pam got her membership record number. 

... 

Most of the week, there were a lot of people who accepted a pamphlet, or a card, but we still don't have any new investigators. 
..

On Friday, we had a Zone Conference, and us missionaries were recorded while we practiced the new way of teaching with using the pictures in the pamphlets. The Mission President Recorded my companion and I so that we can see what we can improve on, and also see the things that we did well on. 

On Saturday, we were able to attend the Priesthood Meeting, and also, Stake Conference. They taught us all about missionary work and how we can do more than just bring a plate of cookies and share a message then leave for Visiting or Home Teaching. They taught us the importance of befriending the people we teach, and also getting down deep and helping them with very personal matters -- Service. Mowing the lawn, watching children, doing dishes, etc. I am very excited to do my visiting teaching when I am off the mission. 

On Sunday, Stake Conference Continued. One of the big things that happened was that Pam had to be taken away by the Paramedics because her heart was going very fast, and she didn't know why. She had to sit out in the foyer, and Sister Evans and I were by her side, along with a doctor from another ward, and our Relief Society President. Before she got taken away, though, there were men who were already sitting out in the foyer and they were ready right then and there to give her a Priesthood Blessing of Healing. Many hours later, Pam texted us and told us what the problem was, but she also said she was going to be fine. 

We also had another missionary meeting after this, and we received large maps for our areas to mark up and see which areas in our area we had tracked into. 

. . .

I will be hitting my 14 month mark (14/18) tomorrow, June 16th. Time is sure flying faster and faster!

. . .

Early this morning, a bunch of the Sisters  went to Neptune's Park / Virginia Beach and we watched the sunrise. It was a bunch of fun!

This is all I can say for now.

I hope y'all have a blessed day!

-Sister A. Marshall 

No comments:

Post a Comment