Monday, October 19, 2015

Re: Investigators, Pick Pickin', Free Cheese, Groceries, Sickness, and Miracles

Also: 

--There was a time earlier this week where I felt prompted to turn around in the car and tract a street near by our last appointment. The prompting was ["There is someone prepared on this street... go now"] and my companion also got the prompting to 'go now' after we had discussed it. We went, and we may have found the person - he was walking around with headphones on and we talked about our message and gave him a card. I tracted with so much diligence and I just knew that we were going to find someone. Having the Faith to Find is real. 


On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 12:01 PM, Alissa Marshall <alissa.marshall@myldsmail.net> wrote:
Well, My companion and I have two new investigators this week: Misty, and Tonsel (Tron-sell). 

Misty loves to learn about other religions, and she is Lutheran. 

Tronsel is in high school but is a spiritual giant. He doesn't have a phone and he lives all the way in Grantham (over 30 minutes away?) and so it may be a hit and miss if we come and see him. 

Last Monday, I wanted to by dairy-free cheese over at Harris Teeter. A man came up from my companion and I and he said [he can mark an item each that we wanted for free (by marking off the bar code with a sharpie) and to tell the cashier that it was from Dennis]. It was part of their marketing where people get to try an item for free and see if they like it. He said a lot of people haven't heard of this stuff (this was at a section with a lot of vegan/vegetarian options). My companion got Vegan Bacon (she tried it later and she said it tasted like dog food. But - there are a lot of good vegetarian options out there! I promise!). Heavenly Father blessed me because I was certainly low on my MSF funds. 

On Tuesday, we had a temporary exchange that lasted over 24 hrs; we also had service with a Part-member family, and another service project with an investigator. 

With our investigator Skye, we were able to teach all of the commandments (this is more than just the 10 commandments!) within 4 lessons. She passed her baptismal interview and her baptism date is October 24th. 

Ciara will also be getting baptized on October 24th (She will be a child of record since she is 8). Two Baptisms scheduled before I go home! I couldn't have hoped for anything better. 

We went to the Bishop's Pig Pickin' on Saturday. Skye's grandma brought me food that I could eat, and it was delicious!  Right after that, she took my companion and I out and bought 3 pints of ice cream for me, a brownie mix, some cereal and milk. She also bought Sister Brakey 2 pints of ice cream, red velvet cupcakes and a cake mix, frosting, and cereal. Skye's grandma told us it was the least she could do for us! She is very sweet. 

We did a lot of driving this past week, and we also felt very sick. We feel better now, though, which is good!

I weighed my luggage and I need to get rid of 20 pounds of items in order for me to not go over the weight limit for my luggage (I pretty much weighed all of my items, and also subtracted the weight of the suitcases on how much weight is allowed for the whole suitcase). 

. . .

Sister Brakey told me something wonderful to me a few days ago that has really stuck with me.

"...It seems like that's how it goes for the people who accomplish amazing things, everyone tells them they'll never amount to anything. Sister Marshall if you've experienced a lot of opposition in your life, then it sounds like Heavenly Father has a lot in store for you!" It stuck with me because for most of my life, I have been going through a lot of opposition, especially when it comes to me following Jesus Christ and developing my talents. This just reminds me that the people who matter, don't mind, and the people who mind, don't matter (to a point. God loves all His children and we should too). 

Anyways - I know I should leave with my testimony, and this is also my last full week on my mission. My mission has been very difficult, and very rewarding. It has been hard being out of contact with friends and family, but it has certainly been worth it. I would recommend a mission to anyone who wants to quickly mature, grow spiritually, wants to become a better person, and who wants to find more of a purpose in their life, and to those who wants to grow closer to God. A mission is pretty much like spending one-on-one time with our Heavenly Father.  I feel like I have become a better person from being on my mission, and I have truly come to a larger understanding of the Gospel Principles, the purpose of missionaries, the covenants I've made in the Temple, more knowledge, and I have learned even more so on listening to the Spirit's promptings. 

I may be young, I may be 23 years of age, but I believe that if ye have desires to serve God, ye are called to the work. I have served to the fullest.

I come home October 27th. 

I may be on emails next week! I'll be sure to have a closing testimony. 

9 days to give my all.

-Sister A. Marshall 







No comments:

Post a Comment