Monday, June 30, 2014

Another Good Week

Well... this week had some ups and downs. 

We had a lot of people cancel on us and that was tough. 

We taught a new investigator the plan of Salvation and things made sense to her!

We still cannot locate the Headquarter Referral.

This week we got to teach a lesson to a member and afterwards we toughened up some chicken by hitting the pieces in a bag and it for cooking.

We had an investigator drop us (more like, their parents told us she wasn't ready to be baptized, and that they wanted to wait a year) and I believe this was the parents decision, and not their daughter's. We just saw them on Monday, and their little girl was definitely ready. I was thinking the parents were not ready because it involves a big commitment on their part to get them back in the church.

My companion and I saw the North Carolina Pageant on Friday - it was pretty neat! I'll have to attach some pictures at some point! We could only go if we had a less-active or an investigator go with us. We had Margie go with us and she was touched by the spirit. 

On Saturday there was a funeral for Sister Thomas, who died around 74 years of age. She was a nurse and the last baby she delivered was her great grandchild. 

I am improving on my teaching and I am getting used to the area. 

Oh - I almost forgot! The other day, my companion and I were discussing "Why is it important to listen after you say a prayer?" And I said:

"If you ask for help or advice from someone in person, and then immediately leave without waiting for a response, that would be considered as rude or startling to the other person. You wouldn't give the other person a chance to respond! It wouldn't make sense. So, why should we do that with our Heavenly Father? We asked him to help us, now we need to wait, and listen, for his answer." 
Even though his answers to not come right away, they will come. 

Anyways, that is all I can say right now!

Miss you all!

-Sister Marshall 

No comments:

Post a Comment