Monday, May 11, 2015

Many, Many Miracles!

This week was great! 

Also - Transfers! Sister Evans and I are both staying! 

A family of the church made vegan lasagna, and it has been the best I've ever had; they used cashew butter (I think?) for the creaminess and I certainly want the recipe for it!

We taught Pam, one of our investigators, the 15 Step Stop Smoking Lesson on Wednesday. She quit cold turkey and it has been almost a week. I couldn't be more proud of her! 

We also taught Jena and we showed her, her baptism calendar; for her to make her baptism date, she needs to be taught all 23 lessons before May 30th. If we cannot meet with her to fulfill all of the baptismal requirements, we can push her date back - whatever she needs to do in order to make it to baptism! One of my favorite things to do in the mission is to have the investigator teach the lesson back to us so we can check for an understanding. It works pretty well! Then we can fill in what the investigator forgot to mention/teach them more about a certain principle. Oh, how I love doing this! :D One of the greatest ways to check our own understanding is by teaching it to others. As a missionary, I know this quite well!

There was another great miracle! Beth, one of my investigators in Williamsburg, got ahold of my current phone number and called me up to tell me that her baptism date is moved to May 23rd! I was so surprised, and filled with so much joy. I cried, and I was speechless for the most part! 

She told me something an Elder told her that was very astounding. He said something along the lines of, ["If this Book is a lie, and it most certainly could be, why would Satan write a Book that tells us to come unto Christ?"] These words are very true. Satan would want us to be as far away from Christ as possible. 

Another great miracle happened was when my companion shared with me a talk she read that came from the November 2014 Ensign (The Sacrament - A Renewal for the Soul) about the sacrament. In the article, this woman had been focusing on the repentance part of the Atonement when she was taking the sacrament. She completely missed out on Christ's enabling power.She forgot the times where the Savior was there to help her in times of need. 

I am now thinking of how Christ has helped me throughout the week, and that has truly been a great blessing to me. I have noticed that he has helped make my burdens light, and my weeks easier to bare. 

. . .

Mother's Day! 
I got to skype my family and it was a wonderful time! I can't believe it was that time of year again. The months go by fast! 

Miss y'all!
-Sister Marshall 







NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment