Monday, May 4, 2015

Let the Fourth Be With You

I'm using Sister Evan's title for her email on mine too. It is May fourth, After all! 

I don't have much time left on emails but I wanted to send at least something before I log off. 

Here are some of the highlights of my week:

-We managed to get a flat tire when we pulled up next to the sewage drain (these drains are huge on the side of the road - they are a very large opening and it, to me, looks like a little child could roll inside). We went to the car shop. While we waited outside, there was a man with tattoos who recently got out of jail. He told us how he found Jesus while he was in there, and he showed us one of his rap songs he was writing. It was very religious-based, and I felt the spirit in some of his words. Eventually, we gave him a book of Mormon.

- This week was hard because of stake conference, and no sacrament because of that. By next Sunday, I was so grateful for the sacrament, and I felt like I was spiritually starving. If there is one thing I don't mind complaining about as a missionary, it would have to be how I dislike not being able to take the sacrament because of stake conference, general conference, or because of weather and safety.

-I made Sister Evans Banana bread because I love her. It's as simple as that! And it was good! :D 

-I wrote 'The Baking Channel' on the oven in dry-erase as we watched the bread rise yesterday. 

-I have come to a more of a sure knowledge that my weaknesses are strengths. (Deuteronomy 23:5 - curse into a blessing)

-The whole mission fasted for Miracle May! We are going to try our hardest to bring God's children closer to Christ.

Anyways - have a great week, everyone!

-Sister Marshall  



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment