Monday, August 17, 2015

Call Me? Tap Tap!

My Goodness, what a week. I cannot express in my entirety of how I feel right now. So many things have happened!

Yesterday was my 16th Month Mark! I have 2 months left!

Wednesday - we met with a Former (A previous investigator), and her name is Tina. She said she has met with Missionaries before, and that she has gone through 7 Sets of Missionaries. She believes the Church is true, but she is living with her boyfriend and has children, and doesn't see a need a piece of Paper to express that. 

+We found Sister Brakey's drivers License today - it got lost this day, but we eventually found it!

Friday - I accidentally ran over a dog's foot while backing out of a drive way. The member we went to go see told us that we couldn't meet today, since she was so busy. She backed me up and I watched her for most of the time. Her dogs were so wiggly and had surrounded the car because I went over the 'invisible line'.  She said the paw was fine, but I was certainly startled for the rest of the day. 

Saturday - Our Investigator, David, has gone through the interview process and he is getting Baptized on August 22nd! 

+Sister Brakey and I met with a woman named Kelly. She is a former investigator and she told us how her husband died when she was 19. Her husband's death was portrayed in the movie "Platune" and her husband was the one who was put on a cross and shot with his military helmet on. He is also in the Book "My Gift to You" by Jerald "Jerry" W. Berry. I don't remember what his name is. Within this visit, though, she has told us that she has this strong desire to be baptized, but she is still soul searching. She has burdens that she wants to remove and they have been weighing her down for years (She's older than her 50s I think). 

Sunday - 

+We had an investigator come to church! Also, our recent convert passed the Sacrament!

Annabelle, the girl we have been teaching the lessons to, got baptized and confirmed yesterday. She is a Child of Record (age 8). I am so happy for her and her family!

+I encountered one of the most interesting things I've ever endured in my mission. It seems the moment I set foot in Goldsboro, I have been flirted with. This is moreso than any other area I have been in, and this experience which I'm about to share just tops off all of the other experiences.

+ So I was at a stop light (I'm driving this transfer), and there was this old red truck (to the left of us) with two teenage boys in it. My companion and I noticed that they were staring over at us. The one in the middle Seat looked over, and he made a phone with his hand and lip-synced the words "call me." I looked over to my companion. "Did you see that?" She told me no. I was flustered, and I looked at those boys, and I tapped my name tag twice. Within the next second, the light was green, and I sped off. My companion laughed her head off, and with that she said that just made her night.  




Things I have learned this week: 

-We talked more about the 'Tree of Life' in the Book of Nephi. It has been said that those who cling to the rod for dear life become less active [because eventually, when we cling to something, our hand eventually loosens in strength], and those who have the rod in their hand but hold it loosely stay active [because they will have energy to cling to it when they need to]. 

-I have understood what Jesus Christ has done for me, but this week I truly felt it. A lot of people, as my companion has explained to me, experience this at different moments in their life. After I have felt more of what Jesus Christ has done for me, the more I just feel absolute love for my Savior. 

-My companion is very yellow on the Color Code. She's starting to rub off on me! 
-It is easier to get IO's in a parking lot than at any other place. 

Anyways - I'll talk to y'all soon! 

-Sister A. Marshall 

*71 More Days* 



No comments:

Post a Comment