Monday, August 24, 2015

The Lord Truly Blesses Us When We Keep Trying

-Our Baptism with David fell through, last minute:

David, our investigator, had gotten his baptismal interview. His testimony was very strong, and he passed the interview. He came to church that Sunday, and his baptism was announced in church. That following Monday, he called us up and told us that he was second-guessing his baptism, and how he wasn't so sure anymore. He stumbled upon anti-doctrine and he told us some of the things he read, over the phone. The spirit instantly left, and there was a very bad feeling that my companion and I could feel. He asked us why we didn't tell him things like that, and we told him that is because those things of which he said, are NOT true! Later that week, he left us a voice message saying that he wanted us to rip up his baptismal record. We talked to you about what we should do, and we followed your counsel: he has his agency, and we must do as he wishes. Wither he will be interested in five, ten, or even twenty years, I know that there is hope that he may accept the fullness of the  in this life when he is ready.



I took the Color Code Test: 
I am a Blue/Red. The next colors go in this order: white, then yellow. 
After I took this test, I feel like this has been a big help to help me understand myself, and how I can better respond to others. 


Craig A. Cardon (of the Seventy) Came and Visited us in Stake Conference:
-He said some powerful things: 
+There is a better way to parent our children. He gave a personal analogy of when he was raising his children. If a child came home late, instead of condemning them for their behavior (such as - 'how dare you be late! I thought I told you 10 PM!' Or something like that), he pointed discipline to their spirituality. He would ask questions along the lines of asking if they had felt a prompting to go home. If they hadn't felt it, then they were doing something that dulled their spirituality. If they had felt that prompting, he would ask them about what was preventing them to follow that prompting. He would then talk to them about helping his children understand the importance of listening to that prompting of the spirit. Then he was going to take away privileges, and to have his children close so [that he would work with them on this particular challenge] and to keep them close. He made it more of a bonding and teaching experience - something that would help the child grow, rather than a condemning experience - something that would inhibit their child's learning and trust. 

-During the conference, there was a comment made about how children do come with manuals - there are a lot of parenting opportunities in the scriptures! 

In my studies: 

I have learned why there are Isaiah Chapters in the Book of Mormon! It came to me by an impression. In the headings of the chapters in 2 Nephi, it said to compare with that same Isaiah chapter in the Bible. The Bible has been translated and put together so many times, and the Book of Mormon, in English, has only been translated only once. The fullness of Isaiah is in the Book of Mormon. When I compared these chapters in the Book of Mormon to the Bible, I have observed that the Bible has taken out so many things, and even added some new phrases. One example would be from comparing 2 Nephi 7 to Isaiah 50. 

Anyways - I hope y'all have a great day! 

-Sister A. Marshall 

64 Days Left   

No comments:

Post a Comment