Monday, August 10, 2015

From Virginia Beach, VA to Goldsboro, NC

This week of transfers was rather exciting! On Thursday, the whole mission met up at the Benett's Creek Chapel in Smithfield, VA. The spirit was very strong and powerful. We received more council which pertained to us as missionaries. We received 30 new Missionaries, and this was a large number for the mission. There is a total of 186 missionaries and 9 senior couples. 

Some of the thoughts that came from the meeting are:
-Serve the Lord without expecting a 'Thank You' from those around us - It's all about serving because we love Him.
- As we serve Him, we increase our faith 
We were told to do these things, in this order: 
1.) Take good care of yourselves
2.) Take good care of your companion - treat our companion like we would treat the Lord
3.) [Take good care of those you serve] 

And then the work will flourish. 

-Those thoughts of "I'm not good enough" "Oh, I can never do this", "This will never work out" "This is hopeless - what's the point of trying?" are not from the Lord. That is the adversary trying to bring us down. 
+ Uplifting thoughts of "I can do this" "I will do better next time" "I don't need to worry about this right now" "I can continue forward" are from the Lord. 

There will be correction as missionaries, and as long as we have positive thoughts, those will invite the spirit. Positive and wholesome thoughts are part of the Christlike Attribute Virtue, and those type of thoughts will help us in the work. 

---

Also - I read some of President Boyd K. Paker's Memoriam, additional to the August 2015 Ensign and in small print under the picture where he was sitting in a chair by himself, it said that in his teachings, he taught about how reverence invites revelation. A light bulb came into my mind this morning - it makes sense why for most of my life I have been quiet, and especially reverent. I can hear my thoughts, and also the whisperings the Holy Ghost. It is good to sit in church, to be there early, and sit there with reverence. 

. . . 

So - with transfers! The day before transfers, I was with Sisters Charlesworth and Rudy as a companionship (Sisters Charlesworth and Rudy are going to be companions now - it was a trade off, and then I became the spare. It's ok, though!). It was difficult when both of them were trying to back me up in the car (it's a mission rule that the companion has to back up the driver). Sister Charlesworth was sitting inside the car, and Sister Rudy was backing me up, trying to help me get closer to the gas pump. They both told me different things and oh goodness. That was quite an experience. 

Goldsboro. It's more humid than Virginia Beach, and I am more thirsty! 

Also - This is my second to last transfer!

I have 78 days left. I have 78 more days to finish off strong. 

-Sister A. Marshall 



No comments:

Post a Comment