Monday, September 28, 2015

A Week of Faith

Well, This week was certainly a week of Faith. 

We worked hard in inviting people to come unto Christ.

We had Zone Conference, and the conference went great. We learned a lot about Missionary work and also about Tiwi, which is this device that goes in our car and tells us if we're speeding, driving recklessly, etc. It is a pain when I'm driving in a school area and it says to drive a certain speed limit between certain times, and I have the Tiwi. I have to go that school speed limit after hours or it will say I was speeding!

We're teaching a girl named Ciara the Missionary Lessons before her baptism. She is 8, and so all of the lessons won't need to be completed before she is baptized.

We also asked a girl named Skye, if she had been baptized in the church. She said she hasn't, and we asked, "Well, do you want to be baptized?" And she said yes. She is thirteen and she lives with her grandmother. My companion and I wondered why missionaries haven't talked to her before about this, but I guess we're going to find out when we have dinner with her family later this week. 

We also found a man who lives close to a member - he's in his 80s, and he wants to be taught more about our message of Jesus Christ. 

The week ended with me having Food Borne Illness/ or the Stomach Flu. I thew up multiple times Saturday at  3:00 am (the first time I've thrown up on my mission) and then for the next two days I had to rest, and be on the BRAT (Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, and Toast) diet. We had the District leader go to Harris Teeter (not in our area) and get me the things I needed. Later on, I saw on the receipt that the gluten-free / Dairy-free bread by Udi's  cost $11.00, and then the Martenellis Sparkling Cider cost $5.00. The total cost of my bill was $21.14; Harris Teeter is expensive!

Anyways - I still went to Sacrament Meeting, but right after church we had to head home - I still didn't feel good. 

We got the highest number of IOS again in the district; 

[Whenever I'm on Emails, I find it overwhelming to constantly squeeze in all that I want to say within my emails, so I apologize if I don't give a full account of my days for this week!]

-Highlights in Doctrine:

I loved it when they said in Gospel Principles that the only way we can make righteous choices is when there is opposition. If there is no opposition to make the right choice, then how would we know it would be the right choice?

Someone also talked about the Good/Better/Best. There could be two great choices, but one of them has more of an eternal benefit than the other. 

. . .

This week has also been dry for us in teaching and finding new investigators. Well, I guess we'll just have to keep on working!


. . .

I want to end my email with some scriptures that I found in my studies this morning about being a disciple of Jesus Christ (with my commentaries): 

2 Timothy 3:12-17 

12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. [This is very true!] 

 13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. [A sign of the times - The wicked will continue to get wicked]

 14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; [ Continue doing what is Christian, and what is right, regardless if the people around us do not approve or agree] 

 15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. [We've been raised up in the Faith, and we've read these scriptures since youth - let us continue to be wise] 

 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: [All scripture - is given by God - in the scriptures is our manual for life!] 

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. [To be perfect means to be 'complete, finished, and fully developed' ] 

. . .

I know that the work that I do as a missionary, is true, and that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the restored church of Jesus Christ. How do I know this? I have searched, prayed, pondered, fasted, and I have acted on my faith to know if the teachings are true. In Moroni 12:6, Moroni tells us "...dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith". If we are given a commandment, and we are not sure of it's promise, well, we test it. We act on it. Then, we will see the blessings, and the spirit testifying to us that the commandment is true. Also - on another note- God does not leave us. He says right in place. If we feel like He's moved away from us, it is truly us who has moved, not Him. He is always there, and the same yesterday, today, and forever. Don't you doubt it, and don't you forget it. 

This is all I can write for now!
29 Days to give my all! Wish me luck!

-Sister A. Marshall 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment