Monday, September 7, 2015

Sickness

On Wednesday, my companion and I both woke up with a sickness, and for a few days (Wed - Friday?) we took the advice from our Mission nurse to rest. We felt nausea, headache, muscle ache, and brain fog. By Saturday I felt better, and my companion is still feeling ill (Monday). 

We mowed a member's lawn on Thursday, and we had Zone meeting on Friday.

Something that my companion and I have started is a companionship jar. We have our own jars, and throughout the week, we write a positive note on a piece of paper on what we had observed what the companion did that day. For example, I could write how I observed how she was very passionate about the Atonement when she explained it to an investigator or something like that. With these notes, we fold them up. During companionship inventory (Step 13 in Preach my Gospel under Weekly Planning,) when it comes to discussing the companion's strengths, we read these pieces of paper. We tried this once and I feel good about doing this. This allows me to look for the good in my companion every day, and I come to grow in appreciation for my companion. 

Since the mission has been reading the Book of Mormon together, I have come to understand the Book of Mormon better as I have marked passages that comply with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is so wonderful, and the scriptures make more sense to me than they ever have. I can follow along, and expound on the words of the prophets, and follow the genealogy of who passed the scriptures down to who. Currently, I am studying 'justice' in the scriptures, along with the gospel principles. 

. . .

I did a lot of baking 'expeditions' and I have made a lot of yummy treats. 

. . .
The Sabbath is a Delight -
On Saturday, my companion and I prepared for the Sabbath by cleaning up the place, through prayer, and other ways. When Sunday came, there was such a peaceful spirit in the home. It was truly a day of rest, and a day of peace. We celebrated the Savior by making home-made gluten-free/dairy-free cupcakes and by making home-made frosting. Sunday was truly a delight to both of us. 

We received a lot of inspiration on how we can help our investigators, especially since it was fast Sunday (where we fast for two consecutive meals). By making the sacrifice, the Lord truly blesses us with revelation (knowledge from God given by the Holy Ghost). 

This is all I can say for now!

50 days left until I return home!

-Sister A. Marshall 






No comments:

Post a Comment