Monday, November 17, 2014

The Week before Transfers

It was nice to have the car this week! 

We saw a lot of people this week, but a lot of them did not end up as lessons. We saw a lot of less actives. Many appointments fell through.

For Walk and Talk on Saturday, we walked in Atlantic Beach. It was pretty chilly. We talked to some people who sat along the benches. We talked to a man who didn't believe in God, but believed in how he did everything by himself without his help. We talked to a couple who knew some members in the church but were going back to Washington DC. The woman was a Christian, and the man was Jewish. They were a polite couple and they respected our beliefs. I pointed out how there were prophets who were waiting for the day for Christ  to come. I mentioned that, and hoped to have sparked some interest about that with him.

We had a good lesson with Josh and Ashley, who we had been trying to get hold of for quite some time. 

Many times, sister Putnam and I will introduce ourselves to people, and it seems like they have their guard up when it comes to religion. At first, many people say something along the lines of how they have their own religion, and they are against our faith. After talking with us for a while, sometimes their heart will soften and they want to know more about the faith. 

We had a good lesson with Martie, who is a single mom and is struggling with a lot of things. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to teach her while I am on my mission. 

Anyways, 

This is all I can say, for now. My previous letter didn't get sent out, but is on my blog. 

Miss you all.

-Sister Marshall 



No comments:

Post a Comment