Monday, April 13, 2015

Birthday Week

It was such a great week!

-I was also sick for the whole week and I still am sick, but I hope this cold will depart soon. 

-We had a lesson with Pam about Fasting, and we had a member go with us. She did a great job in teaching the lesson. 

-We visited the Taylor Family and the father told us a lot of his concerns; I was surprised with how open he was with his comments, and he hasn't been to church in years. He told us that he would commit to church the following Sunday, and we were very excited.  

On the 8th was my 23rd birthday, and for this day I made a home-made Chocolate Avocado cake with Chocolate Avocado frosting (Sister Evans helped with the frosting). 

-On the 9th, I received Joseph's Birthday Package! I was very excited and I liked everything that was inside. 

I was also very sick on the 9th, and I had to stay home for most of the day. Eventually I began to feel better, but I have the impression that I cannot eat Coconut oil. It is the second time on the mission where I felt super sick for more than a day after eating Coconut Oil. 

We also had Interviews with the Mission President today. I told him about the situation that happened with the lady who told us that we could not go and tract in the area. He told me about the Jehovah's Witness Watchtower Case where religious groups go out tracting has been constitutionally protected. So... I just need to get ahold of Cooperate and President Baker will send a message to them saying that they cannot kick out missionaries for tracting.

--Riley got baptized on Saturday and I got to go back to Williamsburg and say my last goodbyes to everyone. I was also very excited for Riley's baptism and I have enjoyed the many visits of seeing him and his family. 

--One of the Elder's investigators in Virginia Beach, Ester, got baptized and Sister Evans and I went to that baptism first at 9:00 am, and then went back home before we got picked up at 9:30. I loved going to two baptisms!

--My companion and I did a lot of tracting this week, and I am actually starting to enjoy it. 

There was one woman we talked to, who the Elders bumped into, and she told us how she came in contact with them. The Elders were riding their bikes and then a teenager thought it was funny to chuck a hubcap at one of the Elder's wheels. She then came over to scold the youngster. The Elders came over to talk to her, and eventually, the Elders passed off her to us. 

There was another woman we came in contact with, who was gardening, and we talked about the 'He Lives' video and we got a feel for her religious background. I had the impression to connect gardening with how Jesus Christ died in the Garden of Gethsemane for her; I felt that helped her open up a little bit more, and she was willing to watch the new Easter Video our church put out. 

Anyways- this is all I can say for now. 

I hope y'all have a great week! 

-Sister Marshall   








NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment