Monday, December 1, 2014

Transfers, Week 1 in Williamsburg, VA

What a week! I am now serving in Williamsburg, VA with Sister Smart. She is wonderful! 

Transfers went pretty fast. The night before, Sister Putnam and I slept over with the Washington sisters Tuesday night. By 5:45 AM the next morning, we were driven by the Lillywhite couple and they took us in their moble home to Portsmouth in Virginia, which was about a 3 hour drive. Sister Putnam and I fell asleep on the way there! by 9:00 am we had our transfer meeting, where our mission President Spoke. 25 missionaries went home last transfer, and now 20 new missionaries came into the field from the MTC. 

I saw 3 of the 4 elders from my MTC district; that definitely made my day. I also saw some of my previous companions there as well. 

I now live in an apartment above a storage office with another set of sisters, who serve in Jamestown. They are absolutely wonderful. I couldn't ask for a better group to stay with during this holiday season. 

Missionary Work: 

I met sister Copeland, who is such a nice lady. We taught about the Book of Mormon and the Power of it and how it can bring us closer to Jesus Christ. 

Sister Smart and I work well being unified, and that is such a blessing to me. We came up with a salad dressing, that night and it turned out pretty well: 

1 tbsp of oil oil
1 tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar 
3-5 shakes of Black Pepper
Freshly-squeezed tangerine 
(triangle pieces, finely chopped, of a tangerine, for the salad)

...

We had thanksgiving at a member's home; I couldn't eat much there, but luckily I brought a snack. They had a bunch of desserts and they all looked so good. 

The rest of the day, I wrote letters and I will be sending them when I purchase more stamps. 

We stopped by Brother Hanly's place and we mentioned how we help build up our spiritual armor when we read from the scriptures. 

"Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil."
EPHESIANS 6:11

"Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39

 "38 What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same.

 39 For behold, and lo, the Lord is God, and the Spirit beareth record, and the record is true, and the truth abideth forever and ever. Amen." - Doctrine and Covenants 1:38-39

...

I enjoyed Sunday in the Williamsburg Ward; the ward is so friendly and nice. 
After Church, I went to choir practice with Sister Smart, and we had a great time singing.

I am so excited to serve her in Virginia; I feel more at home here and the southern accents have dissipated.

Oh! Also! Today is a great day - I have been engaged for 2 years now to Joseph. On the 4th of December, he will be out for a year now on his mission. 

I received Joseph's package on Wednesday from Brazil. It it contained a toy piano, a Portuguese copy of the Book of Mormon, 2 Brazilian sport shirts, a surf board Key chain, Cuzcus, Brazilian coins, and a Christmas Card. It was such a great surprise! 

Anyways, that is all I can say for now! 

Also - For Christmas, I would LOVE to receive handwritten letters, and pictures. I only have 2 large suitcases and one small suitcase to pack anything I obtain here on the mission. If anyone did want to send me anything, I love sweet potatoes, dairy-free & gluten-free things, and I also love LDS music. 

I love you, and miss you all!!

-Sister Marshall 






No comments:

Post a Comment